Sunday, May 1, 2011

How we got here...

We would like to share about how God is beginning to move in and through us...
       Our desire to begin a family has been extremely strong over the past 3 and a half years.  So far, we have not conceived.  During this season, in late 2009, I approached Amanda about considering adoption.  She was completely closed off to the idea, so I respected her feelings, but we both continued to have an increasing desire to start a family.  

        Throughout the 2010 year, God was working in each of us individually, as well as both of us collectively to show us how He wanted us to begin a family.  That summer, Amanda and I led her basketball team on a basketball mission trip to Guatemala and El Salvador.  One of the experiences that we had there was visiting an orphanage in San Salvador.  Spending time with the children in the orphanage, sharing God's love with them, and seeing the need to care for orphans were all instrumental in God revealing His call to us, but we didn't fully realize it at that time.  In mid-January 2011, I approached Amanda again about the idea of adoption; and she told me that she had been thinking about it and had actually in recent days begun researching adoption agencies and processes.  The very next Sunday, the message at church was specifically about caring for orphans.  It was at this point that God's call for us to adopt was confirmed! 

In Christ,
Clint

Love God.  Love others.

5 comments:

  1. Clint, I'm so happy to hear this wonderful news ..... you and Amanda will be absolutely incredible parents .. Any child would be fortunate to have you as a father ... I will be following the progress of the adoption every step of the way .. keep your head up when things get a little tough (and they will) ..if you need me, or if you don't, I'm here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so excited for you guys!! If we can do anything (and I do mean anything), let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clint and Amanda,

    God bless you as you travel this the path to adoption. God will honor your love and nurturing hearts. Keep shining! The world needs your special inner light.

    Aunt Jean and Gari

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hold and meet this baby! I know y'all have a long road ahead, but we are very excited for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled across your blog, and it has moved me to tears. Yall will be wonderful parents, and I will pray for both of you and wwait excitedly to meet this little one! Love, melissa abraham

    ReplyDelete